Nashville Courthouse Wedding Elevated:
Your Complete How-to Guide
Your Complete Nashville Courthouse Wedding How-To Guide
Welcome to the complete guide on planning an elevated Nashville courthouse wedding! Say goodbye to “running to the courthouse real quick” and hello to curating a courthouse wedding that screams romance, elegance, and a great time experiencing the city! Whether you’re a local or out-of-town couple, Nashville provides the perfect blend of southern charm and urban sophistication for your special day. In this guide, we’ll walk you through every step of the planning process ensuring that your courthouse wedding in Music City is nothing short of extraordinary.
Nashville is known for its stunningly diverse architecture, amazing culinary scene, and being a general good hang! We’ll cover the best photo locations, the best food to celebrate with after, and the best night life to experience during your Nashville courthouse wedding. Not to mention legal requirements, style tips, and some logistics that could be easily forgotten.
So, get ready to create a courthouse wedding filled with elegance, meaning, and–most importantly–fun! Let’s dive into the ultimate guide to planning your unforgettable Nashville courthouse wedding!
How to Plan Your Nashville Courthouse Wedding: Steps 1-5!
Step 1: Determine your season for your Nashville courthouse wedding
Step 2: Reach out to photographers to gauge date availability in your desired season
Step 3: Book your date and time with the Nashville courthouse and gather necessary requirements
Step 4: Customize the rest of your wedding experience from overall aesthetic to travel plans
Step 5: Show up in Music City ready to have a blast and get married
Choosing the Best Date and Time for Your Nashville Courthouse Wedding
When it comes to choosing the date and time for your Nashville courthouse wedding, there are a few factors to consider. First, think about the season and weather. Nashville experiences all four seasons, with hot summers and mild winters. Consider the weather conditions that you and your guests will be comfortable with.
Our recommendation as photographers who understand Nashville, southern weather, and weddings would be to choose an early Spring date for favorable temperatures and stunning new blooms. Alternatively, October or November could give fall vibes with (perhaps) a break in the temperature as well. Keep in mind to have a backup plan for rain as well! But don’t worry, we’ve got indoor locations stocked as well so your day doesn’t have to be ruined by a little southern thunder storm.
Next, think about the availability of the courthouse venue. Nashville is a popular wedding destination, so it’s important to book your preferred date and time well in advance. Check with the courthouse for their availability and any blackout dates that may apply.
Additionally, consider the day of the week and time of day for your courthouse wedding. Weekends tend to be busier, so if you’re looking for a more intimate ceremony, consider a weekday other than Friday. As for the time of day, think about the lighting and atmosphere you want to create. Morning ceremonies offer soft, natural light, while afternoon and evening ceremonies can have a more romantic ambiance. The good news is Nashville has so many photo locations for after that we can get away with almost any time of day for photo purposes. 🙂
Once you have considered these factors, you can choose a date and time that works best for you and your partner. Remember to communicate with your guests well in advance so they can make the necessary arrangements to be there on your special day. If there are any vendors you want to hire consider their availability as well.
Exchange your vows
with the authentic flavor of Nashville in mind.
A quick word
About our photography service:
Legal Considerations for your Nashville Courthouse Wedding
Legal Requirements for your Nashville Courthouse Wedding
Before you start planning your Nashville courthouse wedding, it’s important to understand the legal requirements involved. To get married at the Nashville courthouse, both you and your partner must:
- Be at least 18 years old or have parental consent if you are younger.
- Obtain a valid marriage license from the Davidson County Clerk’s office. You can apply for the license in person or online, but both you and your partner must be present to pick it up.
- Provide valid identification, such as a driver’s license or passport, when applying for the marriage license.
- Pay the required fee for the marriage license. The fee varies depending on whether you are a Tennessee resident or out-of-state resident.
- Have a valid officiant to perform the ceremony. The officiant must be ordained or licensed by a recognized religious organization or a judge.
It’s important to note that the marriage license is valid for 30 days from the date of issuance, so make sure to plan your courthouse wedding accordingly. Once you have met these requirements, you are ready to start planning the rest of your Nashville courthouse wedding!
It should also be noted that civil ceremonies are not currently being performed by the clerk at the Davidson County Courthouse. You can work around this by hiring an officiant to hold your ceremony nearby at a location you’ve reserved that is available for weddings. You can, of course, hold your commitment ceremony on the grounds and save the legal portion for elsewhere.
Why Hiring a Photographer for your Nashville Courthouse Wedding is a Necessity
Hiring a professional photographer is a must for capturing the fun and glamorous moments of your Nashville courthouse wedding. A skilled photographer will not only document your ceremony but also capture the essence of the city in your photographs. They know the best angles, lighting, and locations to create stunning images that will transport you back to your special day. You’re choosing a Nashville courthouse wedding not because you care less about your wedding–but because you care more.
Your Nashville courthouse wedding photographer will be the key to ensuring a stress free, meaningful, and curated wedding experience as we help all of the above plus those details that can easily be forgotten.
Shameless plug: we’d love to be the team for your Nashville courthouse wedding!
Stay tuned to see our Nashville courthouse wedding photography packages below and what they include!
Check this cool shiz out.
Here’s what eloping folks are saying about hiring us:
-Erin & Jake
How to Include Local Culture to Elevate your Nashville Courthouse Wedding
One of the best things about having a courthouse wedding in Nashville is the opportunity to incorporate the city’s unique elements into your special day. Here are some ideas to help you infuse Nashville charm into your courthouse wedding:
- Music: Nashville is known as the Music City for a reason. Consider hiring a local musician or band to serenade you and your guests during the ceremony or reception. Whether it’s a solo acoustic guitarist or a full band playing your favorite country tunes, live music will add an extra touch of Nashville authenticity to your wedding.
- Food: Nashville is a food lover’s paradise, so why not incorporate its culinary delights into your courthouse wedding? Serve up some classic southern dishes like fried chicken, biscuits, and macaroni and cheese. Don’t forget to include a Nashville favorite – hot chicken! If you’re looking for something sweet, consider a dessert bar with Nashville-themed treats like Goo Goo Clusters or Jack Daniel’s-infused cupcakes.
- Décor: Bring Nashville’s vibrant atmosphere to your courthouse wedding through your choice of décor. Incorporate elements like cowboy boots, guitars, or vinyl records as centerpieces or table decorations. Use local flowers and greenery to create beautiful bouquets and arrangements. Consider using vintage signage with Nashville landmarks as part of your wedding signage or photo booth props.
By including these Nashville elements, you’ll create a courthouse wedding that truly reflects the spirit of Music City.
How to Personalize Your Experience: Ceremony, Rings, and Witnesses
Planning the ceremony is the first step in creating your unforgettable Nashville courthouse wedding. Start by personalizing your vows to reflect your unique love story. This is your chance to express your deepest emotions and promises to each other. Consider incorporating meaningful quotes, anecdotes, or even song lyrics that hold significance to your relationship.
Next, choose the perfect rings that symbolize your commitment to each other. Nashville has a wide range of local jewelers who can create custom-made rings that suit your style and budget. Take the time to explore different designs and metals to find the ones that resonate with you both.
Don’t forget to arrange for witnesses to be present at your courthouse wedding. In Nashville, you have the option to invite close family members or friends to stand as witnesses. Alternatively, the courthouse can provide witnesses if needed. Make sure to check the requirements and procedures for obtaining witnesses in advance to avoid any last-minute stress.
What to Wear for Your Nashville Courthouse Wedding
Choosing the right attire is essential to capture the essence of your Nashville courthouse wedding. For the bride, consider a chic and modern short wedding dress or a flowing bohemian gown that reflects the city’s laid-back vibe. Embrace delicate lace, intricate embroidery, or even a touch of sparkle to add a touch of Nashville glamour.
We are always big fans of a striking mini dress with over the top features such as bow sleeves, longer than life veils, or statement sleeves as it takes your Nashville Courthouse wedding from blah to elevated real fast!
Grooms can opt for a classic suit to pair with the bridal look. Consider incorporating Nashville-inspired accessories, such as a bolo tie or a custom-made cowboy hat to add a dash of local flair. Don’t forget comfortable and stylish footwear, as Nashville is known for its vibrant nightlife and live music venues, which may involve dancing the night away.
Speaking of what to wear–let’s hop to the best photo locations to get authentic Nashville and your attire captured in gorgeous photos!
The Best Photo Locations for After Your Nashville Courthouse Wedding
Your Nashville courthouse wedding isn’t over when the nuptials are done! You’ll definitely want to make use of the local architecture ranging from gorgeous city-scape views all the way down to Nashville’s botanical gardens! Here are the best spots for your photos after!
The Best Photo Locations for after your Nashville Courthouse Wedding:
- Centennial Park – featuring well manicured gardens and the iconic Parthenon replica for couples wanting a classical view with a grand aesthetic
- Cheekwood Botanical Garden and Museum of Art – Nashville’s most renown botanical garden with themed gardens, classical sculptures, and the mansion providing an elevated elegance to Nashville
- Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge – crossing over the Cumberland River this bridge offers a more urban vantage point where you’ll get a gorgeous cityscape view once the lights come on at nightfall
- Union Station Hotel – offering you gorgeous interior design and history
- Downtown Nashville – in case you want those classic downtown images from your Nashville courthouse wedding experience
Keep in mind each of these locations will have varying photography requirements, so let’s chat about what’s required from your dream location!
How to Celebrate After Your Nashville Courthouse Wedding
After you’ve committed yourselves to one another and enjoyed exploring Nashville for some photos you’ll likely want to venture into some night life!
Here are the best ways and places to celebrate after your Nashville courthouse wedding:
- hitting a local speakeasy for an intime and fun solo celebration
- exploring Broadway street for a classic Nashville good time
- tasting your way through Nashville by going on a food tour
- listening to your favorite artist by planning your wedding around the Nashville music scene
Nashville Courthouse Wedding Photography Packages
As local photographers, we know the draw Nashville has for couples like you! Couples seeking a stress free wedding experience and the good time and elegant features Nashville can bring! We’d love to introduce you to our Nashville courthouse wedding photography packages so you can have the best photos for your day and get the planning help you need!
Nashville Courthouse Wedding Photography Packages include:
– one photographer
-minimum of 3 hours of photography
-unlimited online high-res gallery
-two week gallery delivery time
This is what all of our packages include, but let’s talk more about how we can customize our packages to you!
One mo time!
Here’s what eloping folks are saying about hiring us:
-Rose & Ryan
Congrats! Your Nashville Courthouse Wedding is (almost) Planned!
Congratulations on reaching the end of our complete guide to planning an unforgettable Nashville courthouse wedding! By following the steps outlined in this guide, you are well on your way to creating a memorable and meaningful celebration in the heart of Music City.
Remember to familiarize yourself with the legal requirements for getting married at the Nashville courthouse and secure the necessary permits and licenses. Choose a date and time that suits your preferences and consider incorporating Nashville elements into your ceremony and reception.
By doing so, you’ll create a courthouse wedding that showcases the unique charm and character of Nashville, leaving you and your guests with unforgettable memories for years to come. So, go ahead and start dreaming big about your Nashville courthouse wedding with us!